Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Thank Yous


A friend of mine is expecting a girl in December and registered at Target. As I was admiring the crib set she chose, it occurred to me that it looked a lot like scrapbook paper. You can see the set here and be sure to check out all 5 of the images! My mind started racing. So, with a little cutting and pasting with the images from the website, I made my own 'paper' which I then turned into these adorable thank you notes. I cut 1.25" squares, then glued them to a square backing. I stamped some faux stitches and then ran it through the Cuttlebug to 'quilt' it. (Click on the picture for a close-up). I made a dozen of them in front of the tv last night and will work on more tonight. The best part about these is that I used scraps of paper and ribbon that I had on hand, so I didn't need to buy a thing. I think she's going to love them, and I may just have to do this for EVERY baby gift from here on out!!!

No comments: