Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Sympathy Cards


Sue mentioned she has a hard time with Sympathy Cards. Don't I know it, sistah! I was very happy when TAC came out with a Sympathy Set... but it's still difficult.
And it was 100 times more difficult for me to come up with this one, for friends of ours in Annapolis who lost their 4 month old, Luke, one year ago today. After struggling for way too long, I finally realized that it was the thought that counts, so I put this simple card together using a prepunched tag that came with the ToodleLoo set. All of my patterned paper seemed too cheery, so I decided to just use solids.
We will remember, Baby Luke. Sleep soundly in the arms of Jesus. Your baby sister should be arriving any day now, and we pray she brings unimaginable joy to Chris, Christie, and big brother Caleb.

1 comment:

Sue said...

See this is perfect.....simple but elegant. I always feel the need to go over the top and perhaps I should just dial it down and it will come....thanks