Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thankful Tree


I've recently discovered Pinterest. It's a dangerous time-eater. But oh, is it fun and inspiring! When my friend Anita back in IL pinned this idea, I knew I wanted to copy it. Trouble is, we don't have many big trees here so I didn't know what I'd do for branches. I decided to check the compost pile, where most of our clean-up from hurricane Irene ended up. Imagine my delight when I found the perfect branches from our Crepe Myrtle trees!

The girls and I punched some of my scrap paper, and we love the result. They couldn't wait to fill up the circles! After Thanksgiving, I'll use Christmas Themed papers and we can start all over. Then I'll do the same with floral/pink/yellow/blues for spring... and red, white, and blue for summer!

Incidentally, the card I made in my previous post? That was meant for the very same Anita. Unfortunately, she didn't receive it. I am thinking someone from the Post Office thought I was mailing her gift cards and decided to keep them for themselves. They weren't, they were just 'coupons' for Yankee Candle. But it ticks me off, anyway. I worked hard on that card, and I wanted Anita to have it. Boo.

No comments: