Sunday, June 04, 2006

This was hard...

When I was in college, I taught the 6th grade girls' VBS class for several summers. I'll never forget the year I had Hannah Green... she was so vivacious and loveable! Shortly after returning to college that fall, I heard she had been diagnosed with leukemia. I remember calling her while she was still in the hospital, and thinking her attitude was remarkable.

Over a decade later, just in her twenties, Hannah lost her courageous battle this past week. This was a terribly difficult card to make, but I knew the paper from Dollar Tree would look fabulous with the lilac that I had seen April (Inkyhands) make out of my favorite stamp set. So, I put them together, along with this quote that I printed on vellum, and was very happy with the results. I only hope it brings some sort of comfort to a family who has lost a true gem.

No comments: