Thursday, May 25, 2006

Melted Crayon ATCs


Ok, so when Stephen and I first started talking about getting married, I made it clear to him in no uncertain terms that I would NEVER EVER iron his uniform, or any other clothing, for that matter. It's a chore I hate more than cleaning the toilet or emptying the dishwasher (which I really can't stand!!!). So, needless to say, it's been awhile since I've used one. (I was going to say "it's been awhile since I've touched one" but that would be a lie, since I'm always the one who has to put it away after he's ironed his uniform!!!!)

Here's the method... cover the iron with foil and turn it to medium heat (no steam). Color the foil with crayons (which will turn to liquid immediately, so hold the iron horizontally to avoid drip marks) and then lay a piece of cardstock onto the iron. It will then pick up the color from the crayons.

Originally, I wanted to use blue and green crayons for a sky/grass look, and then stamp a tree in black. Well, needless to say I had no control over where the melting crayons went and I ended up with a mess. So, then I decided to try for a monochromatic look and used blue crayons. But when I tried to stamp over it, the was was too dark and I couldn't see the stamped image. So, back to the iron I went.

This time, I used light grey and the lightest blue I could find. When I cut the cardstock into ATC-sized pieces, I decided it looked like the sky in a storm. So, I got out the lighthouse stamp, remembered this quote, and bing, bang, boom... they were done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! Like to see you do it before I attempt something like that.

Anonymous said...

We love your Blog!