Monday, May 15, 2006

UTEE Christmas


I made these ATCs for a Technique swap I joined yesterday. I chose UTEE. It stands for Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel and until yesterday I had never used it. (I got a jar in my $10 bargain bag at the craft flea market. Considering it usually sells for $6.99 that was almost worth the whole bag right there!).

To make the shiny metal-like embellishment, I stamped a square with Versamark and embossed it with gold powder. Immediately (while it was still hot) I poured a layer of UTEE over it and melted that until it was smooth. Then, I firmly pressed the ornament stamp in it and held it for 10 seconds. Voila! It's a very small image, since this IS an ATC, but I have a larger ornament stamp (so do you, Anita!) that would look cool if I decided to make a Christmas Card. The paper is the "Blitzen" Collection by Basic Grey.

You can also do 2 and 3 layers of UTEE for deeper impressions. Plus, if you wait until it cools, you can twist it and it'll look like shattered glass. It's pretty cool. I'm definitely gonna play with it some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is really pretty. I take it there is an ornament in the pile of stuff for my birthday! You already gave me the other two. Thanks and I will have to get some of that stuff and some brown flock?