Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What have I gotten myself into????


For those of you who don't know me that well, I will tell you that my first love, as far as crafting goes, is cross-stitch. I started when I was in 6th grade and continued all through college, through Stephen's deployments, and even to this day I have a project going that rarely gets touched. So, naturally, when I saw these altered floss cards, I was quite impressed. Take a look: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=809932

Then, some nice person on the Papercrafts message board posted a swap that of course I had to sign up for! I have tons of these floss-winders just sitting here, and this seemed like a great idea. We're all making our own floss-tags. Easy, right?

You try decorating a 1 x 1.5" area of space. It's not nearly as easy as I thought it was going to be. So, here I share with you my feeble attempt. I'm not happy with the way they came out, but I'm not sure I can do any better, either! The only thing I like is the fake hardware! It's actually from a new TAC set of stamps that look like all of the metal embellishments that cost an arm and a leg. Stamp and emboss, and it LOOKS like metal without all the bulk. And the whole set was $5.95!!!!

No comments: