Friday, March 03, 2006

While the Cat's away...

The mice don't get much sleep!!!

Stephen left at 4am on Thursday morning to accompany the FIRST Robotics team to it's first competition in Richmond, VA. I had all kinds of grand plans about how much housework and crafting I was going to be able to go at night once the girls were in bed. Well, Joanna decided she wasn't going to GO to bed!!! When she finally fell asleep, I collapsed, too, only to be awoken twice more during the night. Alas, she's sleeping beautifully tonight, as the prunes she had for breakfast appear to have remedied her situation. I did get to inventory all of the clothes I have for the girls that were in boxes in the attic (I discovered I have not one pair of 3T jeans but I have 14 pairs of size 4 shorts... very informative, this inventory was!) and I did get to sort through all of the 6-9 month clothes that Joanna will soon be growing into. I managed to clean the refrigerator out, too. (Rather than scrubbing the shelves, I highly recommend removing them and letting them soak overnight in the bathtub. Worked wonders with no elbow grease!)

As far as crafting goes, I have been trying to come up with a prototype for a new mystery swap that I've joined. Basically, there are 21 of us who committed to the swap. We didn't know what we were going to have to make or what the theme was, but I thought it sounded like fun.

I hope y'all were infinitely more productive this week than I was (but I do have a clean fridge, so that counts for something.) And I still have all day tomorrow, as Stephen won't get back until about 9pm.

No comments: